- Tuition installments are based on a 36 week school year divided into 10 equal payments, September through June. Payments may be made via Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, check or cash.
- The 1st tuition installment + registration fee are due at the time of registration. If you register in the summer, you pay the 1st month (September) at the time of registration, then the next charge will be on Sep. 25th for the October installment.
- Tuition will be posted on the 20th of each month and charged on the 25th, as tuition is due no later than the 1st of each month.
- Please refer to the tuition table on website for tuition rates, registration fees, and any applicable discounts.
- All families are required to have a credit card on file which will be charged automatically for tuition payments, as well as any items you request to purchase (DVDs, T Shirts), private lessons, performance fees, etc. If you prefer to pay with check or cash, you still must have a card on file which will be charged in case of any late or delinquent accounts.
- All declined charges will automatically incur a $10 administrative fee.
- Late fee: $25 per week for payments received after the 1st of each month. Timely payment is your responsibility and can be made in person, via mail or using the e-portal on the website. Students will not be allowed in class if a payment is more than one week past the due date.
- In the event of returned checks, there is a $35 bounce fee in addition to the face amount of the check.
- All accounts must be in good standing in order to participate in classes and performances.
- Students are enrolled for the full session unless they officially withdraw by giving one months’ advance notice in writing. Withdrawals are not accepted via telephone. Notifying a teacher does not qualify as a withdrawal. After written notification of withdrawal is acknowledged by our office, you will be responsible for one extra months’ tuition payment, except when a physician’s note confirms an injury that prevents someone from doing physical activity. We do not offer credit or refunds for missed classes.
- No refunds are available for summer classes.
- We reserve the right to cancel any class not meeting minimum enrollment requirements — full refunds will be given in this case.
- The Nutcracker is performed annually at Capital One Hall and the Hylton Performing Arts Center. Dress Rehearsal for the Hylton performances is the day before Thanksgiving, and the two performances are the day after Thanksgiving. Capital One is in December. Casting is based on class assignments, rather than auditions. It is assumed that all ballet students will participate. Rehearsals for the upper levels are on Saturday afternoons beginning in late September. Younger students may rehearse in class. All rehearsals are mandatory. Please refer to the Tuition Page to see the fees.
- The Annual Spring Recital is held at the Hylton Performing Arts Center in June. Please refer to the Tuition Page to see the fees.
- Please do your best to attend all classes. Class attendance will factor into casting and evaluations for placement into higher levels or Junior Company.
- Please arrive early for class. Try to drop off your child 15 minutes beforehand to give them time to prepare and be ready for class on time.
- Late arrival disrupts the class. The child may still join, but must warm up sufficiently beforehand.
- Please try to attend as many of your scheduled classes as possible to keep up with the rest of the class. If we offer the same class on an alternate day of the week, you are welcome to take a make-up class at your convenience. Make-ups cannot be carried over into different sessions or school years, and there is no refund or prorated tuition offered if a student misses a class.
- If students have poor attendance, incorrect behavior, and/or have difficulty keeping up with the rest of the students in their level, parents will be notified. If the situation does not improve, the student will be moved to a lower level or unenrolled from the school.
- No chewing gum allowed anywhere inside the building.
- Please do not feed children in the waiting room. Please clean up after yourselves/children in the event of a mess!
- Headphones must be used in waiting areas for people listening to music or playing games on electronic devices.
- Students must wear the proper class attire, with hair in a neat bun.
- Students and parents must be polite, friendly, respectful, and positive.
- No drugs or alcohol allowed anywhere near the premises.
- Parents must read all emails sent by Virginia National Ballet to be properly informed.
- Inclement weather closings will be announced by 2 pm on the day of inclement weather. We do not follow PWCS.
- Please drop off your children on time and pick up on time. New COVID Policies require prompt drop off and pick up.